Monday 5 September 2016

Official Church Statement: Child Vaccinations

As the leader of the church and of a faith I am often asked questions on a daily basis on a range of questions some to do with religion others to do with more mundane things however the main thread of these questions is the same what is my counsel on the matters at hand. One question that keeps coming up from time to time and has again this week, is does the church have a stance on child vaccinations? Do we believe in vaccines for children or not? What do I council young parents to do? What have I done with my own children?
 
This is an emotive subject and one that is still rumbling on today despite the governments of many countries trying to kick the issue in to the long grass and cover it up. The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ advises all its members and parents to fully engage in the argument that it raging today about immunisations in children. As a church we would advise young parents to do what is in the best interest if their child and also what is in the best interest of their family. We do not command families to take or not to take up immunisations, however I would advise that they give their children the best chance in life from the very start and for us that would mean not pumping an innocent baby full of chemicals that could and in many cases do harm them. I would never advise any one not to immunise but rather to do it in a way that is best for their child. I would recommend that they be given over a longer period of time rather than all at once as is the prescribed method today. I would advise any parent not to have the MMR triple all in one vaccine but rather to find a clinic that will give their child the vaccines individually over a longer period of time.
 
The Lord has given us as parents guardianship over these young spirits and it is up to us to do what is best for them, not just to do what is easy because the government of the day tells us it is easy but rather to do what is morally and ethically right by our charges and we would therefore encourage our young people to take their time and think about what they are wanting to put in to your child's body and ask the question is it right and is it necessary? As a parent of three young boys I had to ask myself those same questions and with the help of the Lord and the counsel of my wife we decided that we would not allow our children to be subjected to the MMR triple vaccine but rather opt for them individually and at separate times allowing the body and the immune system time to adjust to what was being imposed upon it. I am happy to say that none of my children have suffered because of vaccines in any way, but I believe that is because of the actions we as parents have taken. I know many parents who did not take the actions we took and have regretted it ever since.
 
On a more religious tone. I believe as the leader of the church and the standard bearer of my faith it is my job to make sure tat I am advising the membership of our faith and counselling them in the correct ways and actions that should be taken in this world. I believe that as a church we should have options on issues such as these and for us not to would be a gross neglect of our duty. I believe that as leaders we should have firm views on these subjects and the church as well, and that we should make sure that we stand by those views and support our members in the actions they take. In short The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ would recommend that parents should try and refrain from giving their child the combined triple MMR vaccination and instead do all they can to obtain the vaccinations individually at separate times and try and limit the amount of vaccines your child receives overall.
 
I hope this has answered the question adequately and that you now understand the church's position on this issue. 
 
Matthew P. Gill
Prophet & First Elder

No comments:

Welcome to The Restored Branch of Jesus Christ

We hope you find this blog a good source of information about the Restored Branch of Jesus Christ. If you have any questions or are interested in finding out more about the church email us at info@restoredbranch.com

You are also welcome to join us at our Sunday services, which are held at 10:30 - 1:00 every Sunday. Contact us for details. God Bless and keep you.